Short Course in Basic Healthcare
Our Short Course in Basic Healthcare Program
Ramsay Sime Darby Healthcare College has designed a unique program with the purpose of providing meaningful skill-based healthcare education to the community. The certificate in basic healthcare program aims to impart skills required for participants to work in the support service areas within healthcare institutions.
- Enables school leavers to enhance their skill sets to improve their employability within the healthcare and hospitality industries in areas of support services’
- Serves to fill a critical gap for skilled support services workers in the healthcare industry
Students enrolled in this course will learn:
- infection control techniques
- basic principles of nutrition and diet
- food safety and sanitation
- housekeeping, food services and concierge services skills
- skills in the care of the disabled, elderly, infants and mothers in confinement
- lifesaving, safety and first aid skills and many more.
- the hospitality and healthcare industries in areas such as patient care assistants in the wards, concierge, house-keeping and food & beverage team members, and
- aged care and nursing homes
- Orphanages or day care centres.
Students may also offer housekeeping services as well as basic home care services for individuals requiring continuum of care in the comfort of their own homes.
Students will also gain hands-on experience and practical training within our network of hospitals.
- Pass in SPM
- Six (6) months