Diploma in Nursing
Our Nursing Program
Our Diploma in Nursing program is designed to provide graduates with knowledge, skills and competencies needed in order to be confident, competent and effective in their nursing career.
At Ramsay Sime Darby Healthcare College, we prepare our nurses for the challenges of the healthcare industry utilizing the multi cultural and ethnic settings of Malaysia as the training ground. The medium of instruction is in English and students are taught by highly experienced lecturers.
Our students receive their clinical training within our own medical centres, namely Subang Jaya Medical Centre (SJMC), Ara Damansara Medical Centre (ADMC) and our new ParkCity Medical Centre (PCMC). Under the guidance and supervision of experienced and competent Clinical Instructors, our nursing students are able to develop critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills while learning to care for patients with various conditions and diseases.
Enable graduates of this program to:
- Deliver customer focused nursing care
- Effectively plan and provide therapeutic nursing care for culturally diverse individuals, families, groups and communities
- Make sound clinical judgment based on evidence-based practices and related theories using critical thinking and ethical decision making
- Demonstrate collaboration with peers, patients, healthcare professionals and others within the healthcare teams in the process of planning, delegating, implementing and evaluating care
- Communicate with clarity and sensitivity using a variety of methods
- Demonstrate accountability for professional growth and continuing education and be recognized regionally for the competence and professionalism
Diploma in Nursing
Entry Requirements (Local Students):
- 5 credits in SPM
- Credits in Science, Mathematics & 3 any other subjects
- A Pass in Bahasa Malaysia, English & History
Entry Requirements (International Students):
- O-Level or equivalent according to Malaysia Qualification Agency (MQA)
- Score of 5.5 in IELTS/550 in TOEFL
- Three (3) years
- January, April, July, September
Diploma in Nursing (Assistant Nurse Conversion)
Entry Requirements: Assistant Nurse Conversion
- Pass in SPM
- Possess Assistant Nurse Certificate
- 3 years work experience as an Assistant Nurse in hospitals
- Two (2) years
- January & July
Want to know more about the pathways available to you through nursing program?
Click on the following links:
- Career Pathway
- Education Pathway